With all action sports, it is important that you learn the correct technique from day one and Stand-Up Paddle Boarding is no different.
Our instructors will have you paddling effectively in a short space of time, and ensure you leave us with adequate knowledge to paddle on your own. Our lessons are conducted in a safe and nurturing environment and in a format that all family members can enjoy. Your instructor can also give advice on what equipment to buy to best suit your personal needs and even supply boards and paddles.
There are several lesson options to get you up and paddling quickly with maximum enjoyment.
- Group lessons at 9am, 10.30am and continuing through the day, weather permitting. Please call to book.
- Join a group or form your own for a 90 minute lesson comprised of 30 minutes of instruction, and 60 minutes free paddling.
If you would like to create your own group, give us a call. Corporate, School and Social groups can be organised outside of our designated lesson times.
Take your Stand Up Paddle Boarding to new heights or simply fast track your learning with a private lesson comprised of 60 minute one on one instruction and 30 minutes practice. Master advanced paddle strokes, learn how to carve up the bay or just feel safe with an instructor by your side while you learn to SUP. Stand Up Paddle Boarding HQ guarantees to have you up standing by the end of your lesson or you SUP for free!
Private lessons include:
- 90 minutes private lesson (60 mins tuition and 30 mins free time)
- Eco tour
- SUP Equipment: board, helmet, wetsuit, lifejacket, rash vest, paddle and leg rope
- Photos of you SUPing available
To book call Stand Up Paddle Boarding HQ on 0416 184 994
NEW SUPPER: 1 Private Lesson and 4 hour equipment hire for $145.
That's 5 hours and 30 minutes paddling and saves you $35
FAST TRACK: 3 Private lessons for $225.
That's 4 hours 30 minutes of instruction and saves you $45
- Safety on the water
- Familiarity with SUP equipment
- Safe carrying of your equipment
- Basic paddle strokes and turns
- Correct posture and position whilst paddling
- Safe entry and exit from the water
- Using the paddle for stability
- Advanced strokes for turning and catching waves
- The St Kilda paddling environment
- Basic core fitness workout
Tailor Made Packages
At Stand Up Paddle Boarding HQ we like to keep you happy. Why don't you tell us what you'd like with your SUP package?
Simply select from the options below:
- Eco tour
- Eco penguin tour
- Yarra River tour
- Group lesson
- Corporate Event
- Fitness class
- Board Hire
- Sunset Paddle
- On the water photos
- Fitness session
- Surf Down Winder Paddles